Mr. Isaac Perez is a 67 y. o male with a recent right hip fracture and repair. He has developed hospital acquired C Diff and is in isolation in an Acute Care setting. He has a history of DVTs, hypertension, obesity, and high cholesterol.
1. Demonstrate evidenced based care of a patient with a hip fracture with C Diff.
2. Assess patient to identify normal and abnormal findings.
3. Use standard precautions, i.e. in this case contact isolation and handwashing.
4. Provide appropriate prophylactic nursing care for complications of immobility
5. Ensure patient and healthcare worker safety.
6. Provide education to the patient concerning immobility and fall risk.
7. Utilize therapeutic communication techniques
UNMC College of Nursing
Infectious Disease, Internal medicine