At the beginning of the scenario the team will enter a critical care bay in the emergency department. The team will be told that they have a patient with a chief complaint of chest pain. The participants will be expected to conduct a primary survey including a history, physical examination of the patient, and EKG.
1. Recognize a patient who requires emergent care
2. Identify normal and abnormal vital signs
3. Recognize the severity of the patient illness and risk of decompensation
4. Demonstrate teamwork skills in managing a critical patient
5. Initiate care during a code and appropriately engage team members