Blake Little is a 58 year old female who is status post laparoscopic cholecystectomy 2 days ago. She has a 26 year history of Type 1 diabetes Mellitus and a recent history of renal insufficiency. She developed oliguria in the first 24 hours after surgery and spiked a temperature last night to 102.2F.
1. Utilize nursing process skills to problem solve a patient care management issue.
2. Utilize critical thinking and clinical decision-making skills to interpret data and implement appropriate interventions in an emergency situation.
3. Apply the ADPIE (Assess / Diagnose / Plan / Intervene / Evaluate) nursing process to a clinical scenario.
4. Provide collaborative management for a patient with a hypoglycemic reaction.
5. Communicate effectively with a patient and members of the healthcare team.
6. Identify signs and symptoms and etiology of hypoglycemic reaction.
7. Demonstrate assessment of the adult with a hypoglycemic reaction.
8. Prioritize and implement proper interventions for the hypoglycemic reaction.
9. Demonstrate effective communication using SBAR.
10. Demonstrates patient safety behaviors in the clinical setting.
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing
Mount Saint Mary
Internal medicine, Surgery
Not for purchase