30-year-old African American female arriving to Mother Baby Unit after delivering a male via vaginal delivery approximately 1 and a half hours ago at 39 weeks gestation. P3G2A0. Patient had a retained placenta requiring manual extraction. Current vitals are BP 96/50, HR 112, O2 sat 97%, Respirations 20, Temperature 98.9. Patient has had 3 pads saturated in 1 hour and currently feels a warm sensation. On assessment, uterine fundus is difficult to locate and when located is boggy.
1. Apply the nursing process to provide evidence-based, patient-centered care to diverse child-bearing families.
2. Utilize information and patient-care technology to assess, communicate, and document to contribute to overall patient care.
3. Apply nursing interventions to ensure safe delivery of care to child-bearing families in states of wellness or complications.
4. Apply professional, ethical, and legal standards to the care of child-bearing families in a diverse population.
5. Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the client, the client’s support system, and other interprofessional members of the healthcare team in care of the childbearing family.
6. Implement quality improvement measures to improve productivity and care of childbearing families.
Obstetrics and gynecology